Updated: September 1, 2021
2. Personal information We Collect
Rosenfeld’s collects information from a variety of sources, including: information you provide to us, transaction information, information we collect via technology-enabled services, and information we collect about you from third-party sources.
The information we collect depends on how you interact with us, and may include the following:
- Information You Provide to Us. Rosenfeld’s collects information you provide to us, when using our Website, through our retail operations, by email, or otherwise. For example, if you place an order or register on our Website, and provide your name, address, email address, telephone number and credit card or other payment related information, you are voluntarily providing us your personal information. We also collect information you submit when participating in our various services, promotions, programs or surveys, or when seeking support from us in the use of our products and services. In addition, we may collect and maintain information about your transactions with us, such as shopping history and preferences.
- Device Data. Each time you visit our Website, or Social Media platforms our servers may automatically collect certain information describing your visit, including your IP address and browser information. By itself, an IP address is not personally identifiable, however this information may be combined with other personal information, and we may maintain a record of your products interests and purchases you make in our store or online.
- Location Data. We may collect data about your location, which can be either precise or imprecise. Precise location data can be Global Position System (GPS) data, as well as data identifying nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi hotspots we collect when you enable location-based products or features. Imprecise location data includes, for example, a location derived from your IP address or data that indicates where you are located with less precision, such as at a specific store location, city or postal code level.
- Information from Other Sources. Rosenfeld’s also receives information about you from Social Media platforms, publicly available sources, from other companies, joint-marketing partners or from unrelated third parties.
3. How We Use Personal Information
Rosenfeld’s uses the information we collect for three basic purposes, described in more detail below: (1) to operate our business and provide the products we offer, (2) to send communications, including promotional communications, and (3) in connection with advertising. Some of the specific uses are as follows:
- Operating our Business. We use information to provide and improve the products we offer and perform essential business operations. This includes operating the store and the Website, delivering purchased products, maintaining and improving the selection of products, including developing new features, research, and providing customer support. This also includes sharing personal information with third parties who provide services to us, such as credit card processing, order fulfillment, website analytics and management, marketing management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other similar services.
4. Reasons We Share Personal Information
We share your personal information with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product you have purchased, requested or authorized. For example, we share your address with third parties when you tell us to do so, such as when you order an item through our Website and ask us to have it delivered to you. When you provide payment information to make a purchase, we will share payment information with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal information, when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our products, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our store, Website, and other facilities, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property of Rosenfeld’s.
5. How to Access and Update Your Registration Information
In order to maintain the accuracy of your registration information, including related personal information, if you have registered on our Website, you may access and update your name, address, telephone number or email address any time by visiting our Website and clicking on the Login/Register link at the top of any page and logging in with your username/email address and password at https://rosenfeldbagel.wpengine.com/my-account/. If you’ve registered with other media to interact with us – such as by following us on social media – you will have to use those platforms to change your registration information and preferences.
6. Other Important Information Relating to Privacy
- Video Recording in Store. We may conduct video surveillance at our store for security, fraud and loss prevention and incident reporting purposes. We use the images and information from such videos only as required for such purposes and for certain operational purposes, such as to measure traffic patterns in our store.
- Data Aggregation. Rosenfeld’s also collects information about how users navigate through our Website or Social Media platforms. This statistical information is gathered in order to improve the Website and our product offerings. This aggregated information may be shared with Rosenfeld’s vendors or other Rosenfeld’s partners. This aggregated statistical and navigational information does not include individual names or personal information.
- Referral Programs. If you elect to use any referral service, we may offer to inform a friend about our products or services, we will ask you for the friend’s contact information. We will then contact your friend, as you have directed, related to your referral request. We use the personal information you provide for your friend in this situation to send information that you have indicated your friend should see and to track the success of our referral program.
7. Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Similar Technologies
Rosenfeld’s may use technologies such as electronic communication protocols, cookies, embedded URLs or pixels, or widgets, buttons, tools, web beacons, and “tag” technology to enhance the browsing and shopping experience on our Website and to gather additional user information. Cookies are small files or records that we place on your device to collect information about your activities on our Website. Web beacons and tags are small strings of code that are used in conjunction with a cookie and that allow us to record activity on our Website. There are no personally identifiable pieces of information stored anywhere in these files, and they are used solely to enhance your shopping experience and to allow us to serve you better in the future. The information captured makes it possible for us (i) to speed navigation, keep track of items in your shopping cart, and provide you with custom tailored content; (ii) to remember information you gave to us so you don’t have to re-enter it each time you visit the Website; (iii) to monitor the effectiveness of some of our marketing campaigns; and (iv) to monitor total number of visitors, pages viewed, and the total number of visitors served.
8. Marketing and Advertising Services
We may use your personal information to deliver customized advertising to you on the Website, on other websites and on other digital and offline media channels.
Rosenfeld’s uses third-party service providers to help gather and analyze information about our visitors (anonymous traffic, and from time to time, individual user activity) on our Website, through Social Media, and on other websites. These service providers help us conduct our business and deliver the most relevant products and services. They are bound by confidentiality and are not authorized to use your personal information for any purpose other than the one for which we engaged them.
These third-party vendors may connect information about your activity with Rosenfeld’s with information about pages you visit on other websites and social media channels and show you advertising or trigger email or social media advertising based on this combined information.
We may use your personal information to match it with other public and private data sources in order to enhance our records or enhance our ability to provide products and services, such as appending additional information to your profile.
9. Third-Party Advertising
Rosenfeld’s participates in interest-based advertising, also known as Online Behavioral Advertising. We use third-party advertising companies to serve our ads across the Internet and to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on your browsing and shopping activities. These companies use and collect information about your visits to our site and your interaction with our products and services in order to serve more relevant ads. These targeted advertisements may appear on our Website or on other sites that you visit. The information is collected through the use of a pixel tags, cookies, or other technologies.
If you do not want the Network Advertising Initiative member companies to collect this information, you may opt out of all such tracking. To opt out, please click the following link: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ [[[hyperlink]]]. Opting out does not mean that you will stop receiving ads from us. It means that you still stop receiving ads from us that have been targeted to you based on your visits and browsing activity across websites over time.
10. Opt-Out Choices for Communications from Rosenfeld’s
To be removed from a direct mailing list or an email or Social Media marketing list, please follow the instructions below.
- For an email marketing list, click the “Unsubscribe” link in any of our marketing emails you receive. We will remove you from the applicable lists within 10 days of our receipt of your opt-out or unsubscribe request.
- For Social Media lists, please click on the “un-follow,” “un-friend,” “unsubscribe,” or similar button and follow instructions provided by the Social Media platform. Each Social Media platform has an opt-out process, but they are not the same, and we do not control those processes.
- For direct mailing (snail mail) marketing list:
- Get in touch by calling, writing or faxing at the contact information provided in the Contact Information section below;
- Please make sure to provide us with your exact name and address, as applicable, so that we can identify you correctly; and
- We will make every effort to implement any choice you make as soon as possible, but you should allow approximately 45 days for mailing change requests to be fully implemented. Any mailings that you may receive during this time do not reflect your subscription status, and we ask that you please disregard them.
We distribute text messages to devices of those who have requested such information via an opt-in request. To opt out of Rosenfeld’s mobile messaging, reply “STOP” to text messages sent from us or follow any unsubscribe instructions in the applicable text message.
If you choose to be removed from our marketing lists, we will still contact you in connection with transactions you initiate with Rosenfeld’s, for example, we will still send you order and confirmation emails and ship packages to you as requested.
Your choice to opt in or opt out of promotional communications will not affect any orders you place with Rosenfeld’s or any account registration you have with us.
11. Unsolicited Promotional Communication
12. California Privacy Rights
If you are a California Resident and have established a business relationship with us, you are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. The notice will describe (a) the categories of personal information we disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (b) the names and addresses of the third parties that received such personal information from us for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year and if, the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from the third parties’ name, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to us, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business. To request such notice, please submit a written request to us (see Contact Information, below).
If you are a California resident under age 18 and use the Website or Social Media, then you may request that we remove any user contribution that you publicly posted through the Website or Social Media. We will make a good faith effort to delete or remove your user contributions from public view as soon as reasonably practicable; however, we may be required by law to not remove or allow removal of your user contribution. To request removal of your user contribution to us (see Contact Information, below). Rosenfeld’s reserves the right to request that you provide information that will enable us to confirm that the user contribution that you want removed was created and posted by you.
13. We Do Not Track You
Rosenfeld’s does not directly track its customers over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites, including some suppliers to Rosenfeld’s, do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked. See the support information for your browser to learn how to handle DNT signals.
Third parties that have content embedded on Our websites such as a social feature may set cookies on a user’s browser or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited the Website from a certain IP address, for example.
14. Children’s Privacy
Our Website and Social Media are not directed, targeted or intended to be used by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not provide your information on the Website. If the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 believes that the child has provided us with personal information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us (see Contact Information, below) to have this personal information deleted from our files. If we learn that we have obtained personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will use reasonable efforts to delete that information from our files.
15. Security of Personal Information
Rosenfeld’s is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as a credit card number or password) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption.
We want your online shopping experience to be safe and secure. We encrypt your personal information, including your name, address, and credit card number when transmitting over the Internet using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) security software. All of your information is encrypted before, during and after your order is placed on our site. Depending on the browser you are using you may notice an unbroken key or a closed lock at the bottom of the page when you enter our “check-out” page. This means that your browser has made a secure connection with our site. You can also check by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address will change from “http” to “https.”
PLEASE NOTE THAT NORMAL EMAIL (SUCH AS USING CONTACT US OR YOUR HOME EMAIL) IS NOT ENCRYPTED AND THUS IS NOT A SECURE MEANS FOR TRANSMITTING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION OR ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OR INFORMATION YOU WISH TO KEEP PRIVATE AND SECURE.
16. Users Outside the United States
Any personal information collected from or about individuals from outside the United States is processed and stored in the United States. When you provide personal information to Rosenfeld’s, you consent to the processing, accessing, transmitting and storing of personal information in the United States. If you do not consent to providing your personal information to Rosenfeld’s in the United States, then you should not use the Website or our Social Media accounts.
17. Links to Other Websites
Rosenfeld’s occasionally provides links on our Website to other websites not owned or operated by us to provide delivery services or otherwise to enhance your shopping experience. These other websites (for example, GrubHub or DoorDash) operate independently from Rosenfeld’s and will have their own privacy and security policies. We strongly encourage you to review these policies at any website you visit. Rosenfeld’s does not take responsibility for such third-party websites.
18. Effective Date and Policy Changes
19. Contact Information
1280 Centre Street
Newton, MA 02459
Phone: +1 617-527-8080